Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Do What You Love....

....and the Money Will Follow!


While Sylvie is away, we won't be getting her inspirational and informative posts for a few weeks; so bear with us as we try to fill in the gap (big shoes to fill, I know)----

Many years ago I read a book entitled "Do What You Love and the Money Will Follow." The book was about following your dreams in your vocation and the message inspired me, and gave me the courage, to pursue an occupation in which I would be happy and fulfilled, not one that just paid the bills.

The basis of the book was that we are conditioned to pursue a career that pays well; and in doing so, we sometimes end up in an unrewarding, meaningless job. But by following your passion in life, making it your livelihood, the money will take care of itself. 

I had forgotten about that book until I read this Etsy Blog Post entitled: "Your Product: Sell What You Love." It reminded me that only by creating products we love can we be successful at selling. Because only then will our creations reflect passion and enthusiasm.

I am of the opinion that if we are creating our art or crafts for the sole purpose of making money, we will not be successful; that passion is the prime ingredient for success.

The Etsy blog post  is a must-read! And if you need some inspiration, find a copy of "Do What You Love, The Money Will Follow."




 
 Cap'n Kathi

1 comment:

  1. I also read that book when I was in my twenties and it's a dream I have been chasing for years as I always thought I was artisan not a corporate slave. My career has followed a path that financially has been rewarding, however has left my creative soul unfulfilled.

    I too believe that you need passion for success as well as some planning, hard work and perhaps a little luck. I also think it requires bravery as well as the confidence to believe in yourself...

    Thanks for the post, I am going to see if I can find my old copy of that book and reread for some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete